Year Ending 30th June 2021
About the Competition
With the success of this competition to date, the Club will be repeating and expanding the species list for 2021. The competition is designed to reward non-line class captures of a wide variety of species without the added complexity of having to adhere to the relevant game fishing rules. It aims to encourage greater participation of our members and encourage more members into competitive game fishing.
Species are shown on the table above.
Rules are simple:
- Species may be captured anywhere on the WA coast.
- Rod and reel captures only (electrics also included).
- No restrictions on lines, leader, hooks or lures.
All captures must comply with the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (Fisheries) rules and regulations.
How to enter:
Members wishing to enter a designated species capture into the competition need to:
- Take a photo of the fish laying on a brag mat head to the board, to verify the length (fork length, not total length).
- Take a photo of the angler holding the fish.
- Send both photos, the anglers name, species name and the fork length of the fish to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419 510 262 within 30 days of capture. Captures made in June must be received by 30 June to be considered for the year’s competition.